London is blessed with art and entertainment that will make your vacation or visit a very memorable one. From theatres, to cinemas, to concerts and shows, London has much in store for you and your folks.
As you set foot in London, it is almost impossible to miss these because they are one of the highlights of your London trip.
Your first stop is the West End. The West End is one of the most interesting and thrilling theatre districts and musicals are the main highlights. Seeing the West End theatre shows is an activity that tourists always have in their to-do list. The West End provides the best theater experience anyone could want. It feature’s long running shows and modern productions. There are many London Box office options you can choose from. You can watch:
- the longest running, famous, and legendary musical Les Miserables, which lasts for 3 hours and 6 minutes;
- Phantom of the Opera, the story of the love affair of a mystifying masked character and a soprano for 2 hours and 30 minutes,
- Mousetrap, a 2 hours and 15 minutes play with a story of murder and mystery which has an ending with a twist,
- The Lion King, a 2 hours and 45 minutes creative musical of the Academy Award winning Disney film
- Chicago, a musical of fame, love and murder, filled with well-choreographed dances for 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, a 3 hours high flying, special effects studded stage musical
These are just a few among the box office shows that would surely complete your London visit and would make you begging for more.
Of course, watching those kinds of shows or theatrical acts could be costly (especially if you will watch many of them because for sure one show is not enough). There are also budget-friendly London entertainment ideas especially for you if you are on a tight budget.
1. Watch free concerts in the National Theatre “Djanogly Concert Pitch” every 5:45 PM Mondays to Fridays and 1 PM for Saturdays. You can also enjoy free Friday night concerts on Southbank Centre. And also, have a dose of the world’s greatest bands playing their new singles at HMV flagship store on Oxford Street.
2. If you’re a big screen lover, then take pleasure at Roxy Bar and Screen. It has weekly screenings of latest films in an innovative and imaginative programming inside a unique, cabaret style environment. You can also watch free films in London Film Festivals, take Portobello Film Festival as an example.
3. Laughter is the best medicine; and it’s better if you get it for free. Have a good laugh at free comedy events in Theatre Royal Stratford East which offers free comedy evenings on Mondays.
4. Watch theatre, the budget-friendly style. The Arcola Theatre reserve some tickets for their “Pay What You Can Afford” system, wherein they are only available at nights and you just have to expend according to your budget.
There are so much more to do in London, with or without money. The important thing is you won’t miss out on these entertainment options that will give you the time of your life.
Article provided by our Guest Blogger: Angelina Lawson, a Content writer and her interests are Films, Travel & Technology and Eco living.
Many thanks Angelina!
If you would like to contribute to our site with any Entertainment,Showbiz, Music, Films or TV based articles then please get in touch now! firstname.lastname@example.org